Sunday, September 2, 2012

The All good café in Dallas(Deep Ellum) Texas. This restaurant has been profiled on various tv shows, So we thought we would try it. We went at night. The place had a lot of customers and we were seated and served in a timely manner. The pl ace had various music posters and a south congress(Austin) atmosphere. I ordered the Tenderloin. It was a sliced tenderloin beef sandwich with grilled onions, peppercorn bacon, tomato, lettuce and blue cheese on sourdough bread. It tasted great. The meat was so tender I was able to cut the sandwich easily in half with a simple butter knife. And the vegs were grilled nicely. I didn’t care for the coleslaw or salsa and chips. The coleslaw was very small portion and tasted like vinegar. The salsa was oily and almost tasteless all it could taste was cilantro. I think it was supposed to be a tomatillo salsa. I would go back there during the day being it was too dark to see much at night. I also thought it was a little overpriced. A soda was $1.95 for a can of soda. The tenderloin sandwich gets a 4.25 outta 5. The place gets a 3.8 outta 5.-D

All Good Café in Deep Ellum Dallas, Tx. We were in the area for the Invasion Classic Car Show in Deep Ellum and we were walking around looking for good eats. We had originally wanted to go to Uncle Uber’s Sammich Shop but they were closed early due to the holiday hours.(Bad move on their part I think. There was A LOT of foot traffic from the car show.) After carefully deciding on which item I would get on the menu after straining to see the menu from the lack of lighting…. I decided to go with the Chipotle Turkey Club. Mistake on my part. I mean it was okay, but nothing more. I could have easily made a better sandwich at home with less expense. The sesame Kaiser Roll was quite dry and seemed as if it was going to crumble apart. There was a modest amount of peppercorn bacon, but the bacon tasted good from what I could tell. I could hardly tell that there was chipotle mayo on my sandwich and from what I did taste it was very mild. The turkey did taste great and moist. I did have a few bites of D’s sandwich and it was delicious! The beef on his sandwich was so tender and juicy! The sandwich came with Auntie Grace’s Cole Slaw which to me reminded me of vinegar soaked rice. The slaw was almost pureed and lacked other veggies you see in other slaws. And they only give you about a tablespoon sized portion. The sandwiches also came with tortilla chips and their house salsa. I agree with D when he says it tasted too much of cilantro. Way too overpowering and extremely runny. Overall the food really wasn’t anything to write home about. The atmosphere other than the lightning was good. The origami hanging from the ceiling was beautiful but could be misinterpreted as being artsy fartsy. It did have a Austin-esque ambience to it. There was a sign that made me chuckle, “It’s like going to Austin without going through Waco”. The service was decent and all the girls were very nice. But I did have a complaint on the soda too. $1.95 for a can of soda. But hey, all restaurants overcharge soda. I give the food a rating of 2.9 outta 5. And the service, and atmosphere of the place 3.8 outta 5. -A

No comments:

Post a Comment