Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cooper's Old Time Pit BBQ located in the Fort Worth Stockyards. After reading good and bad reviews D and I thought we would give it a try at least once. We will definitely go back. As seen in the picture we had gotten beef ribs, moist brisket, corn, potato salad, and beans. The Beef ribs were some of the best ribs that had ever graced my taste buds. Moist and tender. Came off the bone real easy. The rub they used went really well with the taste of the beef. Wouldn't recommend eating the beef ribs with their sauce, didn't mesh well together. The moist brisket just melted in your mouth. Tender, very moist, flavorful. Great rub. Nice smoke ring. Not the best brisket I've ever had, but it was pretty good, would get it again. The corn was good, basic half an ear of corn, can't complain. Just a little expensive though. $1 for half and ear. The potato salad was nothing to write home about, I've made better potato salad at home. What I did like about the potato salad is that the mustard taste wasn't overpowering the salad itself but you could taste hints of it. The pinto beans were average, tasted better when we added their BBQ sauce in it. I would recommend if any of ya'll happen to check out Cooper's, when you order your meat, I would recommend that you not have it dipped in their sauce. Instead get it on the side. Their sauce was very runny and very vinegary. It's not a bad sauce, but I just don't see it going well with all their different types of meat. Use sparingly I would say. But hey, ya'll might love it! Including food, service and atmosphere I rate Cooper's 4.5 out of 5. (5 out of 5 for the beef ribs alone!) -A

What I liked about Coopers was the great smell from the pit as soon as you walk in the door. The brisket was nice and had a good smoke ring. Its moist, very tender and tasted good. Not too smokey. The beef ribs were excellent. Great rub taste. Lots of meat and very tender. The meat tasted good enough not to need bbq sauce, which I didnt really care for. I prefer a thicker sauce. this was runny and vinegar based. So I didnt really try too much of the sauce. The beans were free and tasted ok. The potato salad was above average. All in all a good bbq joint. Id rate the beef ribs 4.8 out of 5, and the beef brisket a 4.25 out of 5. The total rating 4.5 outta 5. We recommend y'all give it a try.-D

No comments:

Post a Comment