Thursday, October 18, 2012

Deep Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll from the Texas State Fair also 2012 winner of the most creative. A friend asked me if it was good, I replied, “ I could feel my arteries clog immediately after consumption, in other words, it was awesome!”. This was surprisingly good. So rich in taste I could only have a few bites. Sweet cinnamon dough, with bits of tasty bacon on top, and coated with icing and powdered sugar. The bacon went so well with the cinnamon roll, that whole sweet and salty combination was splendid. No wonder it was given the Big Tex Choice award for most creative, and it looked like a favorite among fairgoers when we went. If you happen to get a chance to head out there, or already have and you’ve tired, give it a try and let us know what you thought! Rated 4.7 outta 5. –A

The Deep Fried Bacon Cinnamon roll we got at the Texas State fair in Dallas was great. It won the most creative item award from the Big Tex Committee. The dough was nice and airy. It had just the right amount of cinnamon mixed in the soft dough. It had bits of bacon mixed in the frosting and it tasted like it was deep fried in bacon fat. It was topped with icing, bacon bits and powdered sugar. The only problem I found with it was that I wanted more. Deep frying cinnamon rolls is such a great idea. Rated 4.75 outta 5-D

No comments:

Post a Comment