Monday, May 6, 2013

The Green Mesquite out of Austin Texas. The 3 Meat Bbq plate. I choose the pork ribs, Brisket and Sausage. The Brisket had a good amount of smoke flavor and a good taste but was kinda cold. I liked the pork ribs. They had a nice dry rub flavor and a decent amount of smoke. They were very moist and came off the bone easy. These ribs had a decent amount of meat on them. The sausage was dry and didn’t really have a lot of flavor. I had 2 sides. The fried okra was good it had a nice not too heavy breading and was cooked perfectly. The potato salad was ok not anything great. Ok taste but not what I was looking for. The way they smoke the meat with green mesquite is unique. I'm sure it ruins their smoker. Never heard of anyone using green wood before. All in all an ok place. 3.85 out of 5-D

No comments:

Post a Comment