Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tommy’s Fire Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa out of Austin, TX. Unfortunately, I thought this salsa lacked a lot in texture and flavor. It was such a shame because I really wanted to like this salsa. It was sweeter and watery than I had hoped and expected, and there was very little variety in ingredients that were mixed in the salsa. When I think of corn and black bean salsa, I want lots of corn and black beans in it. It was more tomato based/puree than anything. I was really hoping that it would have been more flavorful, but it is a newer flavor of theirs, so maybe they are still working out the kinks, or maybe it was a bad batch. I do, however, look forward to trying their other products since they are a Go Texan product! 2.7 outta 5.-A
Tommy’s Foods out of Austin Texas. Tommy’s Fire Roasted Black Bean and Corn Salsa. This company uses all natural ingredients and the freshest produce available in the Lone Star State. I personally think this salsa was too sweet, even with the roasted organic pasilla chiles in this salsa. The black beans were very small and very little pieces of corn. I think this salsa wasn’t thick enough. It did have an ok flavor. Kind of disappointed with this salsa. Hope some of the other products from Tommy’s Foods we review I will like better. Rated 3 out of 5-D

No comments:

Post a Comment