Saturday, June 8, 2013

Franklins barbecue out of Austin Texas. World famous pit master Aaron Franklin has released 3 different types of his BBQ sauce (Sweet Vinegar, Espresso, and Texas style). The one we reviewed first is the Espresso barbecue sauce. This sauce was good. It had a great coffee taste to it. It didn’t over power the sauce. It went great with Beef and pork, I didn’t like the way it tasted with chicken. But it tasted so good on the brisket we had; I can overlook the disappointment of the taste on the chicken. The sauce was a little too runny for my tastes. It has a good peppery taste and a nice slight sweet taste at the end. Rated 4.8 out of 5-D Franklin’s Espresso Barbecue Sauce. We’ve been on the lookout for this sauce since we heard it was coming out and we picked it up at our HEB store (best place ever!) I thought this sauce went PERFECTLY with beef brisket. It exuberated the flavors of the brisket and not overpowered. I did not like it with chicken at all unfortunately. The sauce is very running, peppery, and the coffee flavor was a perfect addition. I would recommend this sauce to anyone to add to any beef. Rated 4.7 out of 5. -A

No comments:

Post a Comment